The First Batch

Posted by Nick on

The first batch of floppy adapters didn’t go exactly as planned but they’re all done now and will be in the mail tomorrow.

I still haven’t found an easy way to put the pins into the DIN14 boards and hold them there for soldering so it’s a hugely manual process but I have a few ideas to try

I also received a batch of floppy power pigtails that were a larger gauge than I ordered and had to modify things to work with the last batch of boards I ordered. It took some time to make what I had on hand work, and it wasn’t as clean as I would’ve liked, but I revised the PCB design based on this experience and the next batch of boards (arriving Monday) should make assembly easier and cleaner.

This has definitely been a learning process but things are progressively getting better!


Share this post



Newer Post →